Akiman「The theory of Chun-Li's character designer」



In my opinion

1. Chun-Li was the only female character in the past

2. Chun-Li was created for female players to enter the game

Considering 1 and 2 above, it would be better for Chun-Li to reflect the preferences of half of humanity, which is "women".

And as many fan arts of Chun-Li show, Chun-Li is various, such as cute or cool.
In other words, Chun-Li was the projection of everyone's multi-image because she was the only female character from the beginning of fighting games.

The old dots were not concrete enough to allow that, and I myself changed my style from cute to cool and back.

Later, some younger and shorter characters appeared in Street Fighter.
Then, naturally, roles are created for the characters.

Chun-Li is the older sister, Cammy is the second daughter, Sakura is her younger sister, etc.

The parameters of cuteness are gradually distributed to characters other than Chun-Li.

I imagined that this dynamics encouraged the development of the gorilla direction and made Chun-Li a very respectable physique.

I'm in a carefree position and I'm going to continue to pursue the beauty that mixes cute and cool from the beginning for Chun-Li.